So it may not be selective hearing

Mr. Mohawk was tested for ESL support today. He starts kindergarten in the fall and because I want to make sure all possible avenues of support are in place should he return home I checked the boxes for being raised in a Spanish speaking home.

It is true he was there until almost 3. But the kid sometimes speaks better English than his 6th grade sister so I thought he might test out.

He nearly did. The issue was with comprehending commands. Since this is a kid who has no problem tuning out his raging sister and not listening this did not surprise me. So maybe by January he'll learn how to follow directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...