Ducks in the Water

Have you ever seen ducks glide across a pond? Graceful. Elegant. Natural. Have you ever seen what they look like underwater? Paddling furiously. Constantly moving.

It's kind of how I feel. I'm floating along making it look easy but underneath I'm furiously paddling to get where I need to go. Right now, at this moment, where I need to go is on vacation. We have less than 20 days before we will be in Walt Disney World enjoying breakfast with Pooh, Tigger, and Piglet.

Treading water is what we've been doing since visits gave resumed. The kids are falling apart. And I feel like falling apart even though for me that's not really an option. I get asked all the time how do I do it. How do I care for 4 traumatized children and work full time and keep it together. We have a great support system and really a key person is my Mom. But also I'm not really keeping it together. I'm paddling furiously until we get to a place with some breathing room. And praying that the people now involved will see how mug farther we need to go in order for the kids to feel safe.

And in less than 20 days I'll be visiting Donald Duck to ask him what his secret is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...