It takes a village....

I don't often blog about my faith or God.  I feel other people write theirs much more eloquently than I could at the moment.  I'm in the middle of a change in my views on organized religion and I prefer to keep that to myself.  That being said when I feel something speak to me I will share. 

My Grandfather is a deeply religious man.  I can remember being little and watching him pray the Rosary in a corner chair in the middle of the afternoon.  When I was in college and would call him for advice he would always tell me to pray about it.

When I got sick and was in the midst of my deep, dark hole of depression he sent me a subscription to The Daily Word.  Its a prayer book of daily meditations and scripture.  It has been an amazing source of support through the years.

Yesterday as I was pondering what topic to write about today (while waiting for some Panda Panda to be ready (Mr. Mohawk's name for Panda Express)) I pulled my Daily Word out of my purse.  This was the entry for today:

Daily Word
 
Thursday, May 03, 2012
 
Pray for Others
I reach out in prayer to support and encourage others.
It has been said that "it takes a village to raise a child." We all benefit when we assist and support one another. I am fulfilled as I give from my heart the gifts of my time, talent and treasure, and as I support others through the power of affirmative prayer. When I pray for others, I reach out in faith and enfold them in love.
We are one in Spirit with each other, for we are all children of God. As I pray for others, I tap into our spiritual connection that joins us heart and mind. Through prayer, I am part of a "village" of people who spiritually support one another. Every time I pray, every time I give my love and encouragement, I am more aware of the living Christ Presence within us all.
 
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.--John 15:12
 
So tonight I pray for those of you making up our village.  Thank you for your supportive comments and emails. For your positive thoughts and for checking in on us.  I pray that you are supportive in your village and with your children.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...