I don't want you...

Those were the words spoken to me by my sweet Gabby on Mothers day just after she told my Mom that Foster Mom R hates us. Ok maybe it wasn't spoken. More like screamed. Followed by a 40 minute tantrum.

My Mom was super upset and beside herself. My amazing mother has never seen this side of Gabby. My Mom who so desperately wants these kids to be ours was heart broken that the one child who has said "I don't want to go home" seemingly changed her mind.

I forget that while my Mom sees the kids every week and she hears about how they are doing daily isn't living it. She's not obsessively reading blogs, books, and forums to try to decipher, understand, and strategize.

I was actually pretty calm about what she said. Which I think shows how far I've come as Mom. I reminded my Mom that she's a confused little girl who watched the Mom she thought was on "her side" in the "my real Mom is a horrible person" debate treat the real mom with concern and respect. She had also spent the day with a trusting, loving family and that can sometimes throw the kids over the edge.

Then of course my Mom was all upset that she may have made things worse. God love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...