I had this moment on my honeymoon. We took a Carribean Cruise. I was sitting at a table across from my husband of two weeks waiting for our delicious dinner. He was wearing the tuxedo he wore to our wedding and Cannon in D came on. I flashed back to me walking down the aisle to the same song and I instantly had tears in my eyes. I loved this person so much it brought me to tears.

Tonight as I was pulling into the garage after a really tough day at work the door to the house opened and Mr. Mohawk and my dog peaked their heads out. The smile on their faces was so happy and full of love. I started to tear up right then. It was the same feeling I had on that boat. Pure happiness. Unconditional love.

Then I walked in the house to my Jelly Bean with her 103 fever, LM with her bloody nose, and Gabby with a major attitude... Attitude because her sisters were sick and that's one way she gets attention -sharing her boo boos and hurts (and warts and discussing her hemorrhoids...her poor therapist). But her sister were actually hurt and I asked for a minute to take care of them before I tackled her math homework. Because that's what life is like with 4 kids. Finally, I looked at her and told her I knew she was upset that I took care of others before her but they were actually bleeding and on fire (my rule for interruption) and if the attitude wanted to get lost at any time that would be fine with me.

About 10 minutes later she apologized for her attitude. I love that we are at a point where I can tell her that and she can adjust. It used to be she run crying to her room and stay there for 30 minutes.

I don't know if this is the last day of peacefulness. We have the hearing tomorrow about visitation. Most interesting is that the case worker never notified me but the GAL requested I come. I'll wait until tomorrow but then I plan on scheduling a discussion with her supervisor about lack of communication and failing to include us as part of the team. I will never understand why foster parents are the last to know anything when they have the most vulnerable population in their home and in our case have 4/5ths of the family to schedule. (I'm sorry but Mom who isn't working and isn't parenting should get the least amount of say as to when appointments are.)

Picture of Mr. Mohawk and Sidsey. The Mohawk made an appearance for the first time in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...