My Post Didn't Publish...

So I wrote this great post about the conversation Hubby and I had over the weekend, and somehow it got lost...

We arrived at the decision that we just need information in order to decide if we can do this. If they can't give us the information then WE will give them the date.

So I drafted an email expressing that it was clear the communication issues weren't taken seriously. In light of that and the behavior we are dealing with and the lack of plan I needed the dates for the transition by the end of the week so that we can decide if we can continue "to be advocates for the children and remain a healing environment". I expressed that without the support of the system I wasn't sure we could continue.

Yeah. The possible disruption of the 2 year foster home got some attention. The new supervisor of the caseworker called to "talk about the case". We set a meeting for tomorrow morning because she wanted to make sure "you have enough time". Then the CASA worker emailed. First a "it'll get better" email. Then she asked to set up a meeting to "hear our concerns". She has only met with us once and only the day she met the kids.

I meant my email. I need the information because I can't live like this and neither should the kids and I need to decide if I'm going to stick around for the matinee performance of the circus. Luckily, the kids therapists witnessed firsthand as one was greatest with wailing of a trantruming child while walking up to our door. And the others directions were completely ignored.

We'll see what everyone has to say. In any event, we out going out in the city this weekend and are even going to spend the night so no one has to drive home. I got a new little black dress (well a black dress anyway) with a sassy red and rhinestone belt and a hair appointment.

If you don't feel good you can look good. That's my motto.

1 comment:

  1. Good job staying strong. That is important in foster care. You cannot let them run the show, sometimes you need to put your foot down or it will never end.

    ReplyDelete

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...