2012 Began and Ended in the ER

A year ago on 1/1/2012 I spent the day in pain in the ER. I was having stomach pains and to help me they have me a drug I'm intolerant of and I spent the next 6 hours throwing up while they tested me to fin nothing wrong. (Stress was the final diagnosis.)

In trying to be funny I said I hope the year doesn't start in the ER again. In yeah... Nice work big mouth.

About 7 pm JB came running into my room and said thAt Gabby needed me in the bathroom. Now this kid is FASCINATED with medical issues. Every spec of potential additional bodily fluid is analyzed. So I'm thinking- oh God I hope it's not her period. I just can't handle that today. Then I open the door to find her crying and immediately think she threw up as she had just returned home from a visit.

Nope. The kid decided to use a knife instead of scissors to try and open a toy (that I told her we were returning since we already have one) and sliced the part if her hand where your thumb attaches.

Let me tell you- the period would have been a blessing compared to the next 4 hours.

Fortunately, the wait to get to a bed in the ER was not long but we managed to watch 1 1/2 movies before we were discharged. It took several hours to get the numbing medicine from the pharmacy and less than 10 minutes to actually stitch and wrap her hand.

Her resolution: no more hospital trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...