Goal Change

So we had the 2nd 1/2 of the permanency hearing today. The goal was changed from return home in 12 months to return home in 5 months. Apparently, this qualifies Mom for some housing grant. The state is concerned that in light of her not currently being employed (yep) that she will be unable to maintain the housing.

The judge didn't seem convinced as she shot down the departments request to be able to grant Mom custody down the road.

Thankfully, it was pointed out that 1)the kids need room and that is a concern with her history of sharing a room in a house 2) the kids are not the same that lived with her previously - their expectations are WAY different 3)the deserve to know that their supports will stay in place.

We left court feeling a little more comfortable that perhaps the state sees that there isn't a long term solution here an they are trying to document it. And we know that they will probably be here for Christmas.

We have another hearing in November to see if she's been able to get the housing and employment figured out. Considering this is at least the 5th job and the 6th home I'm not real confident that this grant will be the magic ingredient to turn it all around.

Plus we get the sense that everyone believes they will implode before then. Which, if the kids behavior transfers over to her home (I had a kid punch someone today and another who chose bad words then raged at day care) shouldn't take too long.

And despite taking 4 hours off work today I ended up being there 7 hours. I am wiped. I feel like I got hit by a truck. My anxiety medication wore off about 2pm and then my body crashed from the adrenalin. I sooo need a break. Saturday morning can not come soon enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...