Wishes

So after seeing the magical Wishes fireworks show we headed home. While almost on the ferry back to the parking lot we witnessed a shoving match between two women.

It got ugly. Men stepped in to separate them. My Dad happened to be next to the shoving and was trying to get them to be reasonable...

As you know you can't reason with crazy.

Of course Gabby, LM and Mr. Mohawk were with me. (Hubby took Jelly Bean home after she told me she was in trouble because she was a B**** or I was...I'm not sure. Doesn't matter swearing is not acceptable. Swearing in Disney World gets you sent home early. With Dad. By yourself.)

So there we are right behind the cat fight that breaks out and grown people are going at it and kids are crying because they are scared and all I can see is what my kids see.

Grandpa near a screaming woman who is pushing people. And I knew it was triggering. So as we get in the boat my Dad starts discussing (loudly) what happened. And I ask him to please talking about it. And he challenges me on why.

And my childhood is triggered.

"Because I have children with PTSD from domestic violence that's why!"

And there is Gabby shaking. She later told me why she was scared wasn't going to make any sense- that the lady was going to hit everyone. But there we were on the boat trying to get the trauma brain to calm down.

I wish my kids could enjoy Disney World without the triggers of abuse. I wish I didn't have to worry about waiting in line being traumatic. I wish everyone in my life understood what that's like for us and the kids.

I wish I may I wish I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...