Happy Birthday Mr. Mohawk

Dear MM,

Wow! I can't believe you turn 5 today. While I have only known you for 18 months you have stolen my heart forever. I wish I could share with you the story of the day you came into this world. What I can share with you is the day you came into my world. How I anxiously waited for the phone call from Daddy that told me you had arrived. I know you were sad and confused that day. You missed your Mom. You missed your Really Really Mama. And here I was this other Mom who couldn't understand a word you said.

But that was short lived. Partly because we tried very hard to make you feel safe and loved and partly because you are such an easy going kid. You pop up every day with a smile on your face. Your eyes light up when you get excited and the stories you now tell me have detail and structure.

I cherish our talks at night when you tell me where we are to meet in our dreams. Your extra tight hugs make my day. And oh do I love the moments where I get to pretend you are my little boy forever and always.

And you are. You will always have a piece of my heart. The first child who fell asleep in my arms that called me Mom. The first one to knock on my door asking me to scare away the bad dreams. I fell in love completely that day I met you and no matter where you are I will always love you.

Happy Birthday!

Love,

Mommy R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...