Confessions of a Foster Mom

- I considered taking the kids to see a movie tonight just so their Mom can't take the opportunity away.
- Sometimes I wish I could agree with the kids' assessment of their mother instead of simply acknowledging their feelings and trying to help them see the good in her.
- There are days I prefer to spend time with one particular child because that child is fun to hang out with.
- There are days I want to tell the child being difficult to go ahead and call their old foster parents and have them come get them if they were so great.
- Ditto to their Mom.
- Sometimes I dream about dropping the chaos off at their Case Worker's house to watch how fast her tune changes. (Bet those bright ideas about working together and not being given notice about anything would disappear.)
- Ditto to the judge.
- I confess that sometimes when my Mom suggests buying their Mom a one way ticket I could join in instead of shush her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...