Reaching Out

I read quite a few blogs. These people that I have never met have become my life line in a world where I feel totally alone at times. One of them Last Mom, was awarded a blogger award this week because what she writes is awesome. One of the blogs she chose to highlight as a stipulation of her award, was Gold to Refine who is creating a "Find a Friend" program for people to connect who might be near each other. I loved this idea so I signed up. Thank you both for reaching out to help others in their journey. You touch the lives of so many more children because of your blogs.

Being a foster parent can be lonely. People who have never been exposed to adoption or foster care or adoption through foster care often have no clue about what my life is like as a foster parent hoping to adopt someday. I admit I had no clue a year ago that this is what my life would look like. Or that I would often feel so completely foreign in places other Moms seem totally at ease. I imagine I sometimes feel like my kids do - out of place, abnormal, unsure. I'm not a person who often worries what other people think of them but I do want to belong. In my role as a Mom, I still feel like an outsider. I write this blog to feel less alone. To feel like what we are doing matters to someone, somewhere. I also write what is real and in my heart and so that others feel less alone and less outside. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...