Visitation Post Reunification

So we had a meeting with our case worker and her supervisor tonight. We expressed our concerns- stressed that Mom needs to get on the ball with setting up doctors and therapists and issues we are seeing. (Gabby throwing up 2 Mondays in a row, LM dissociating, Jelly bean refusing to eat school lunch, MM back to having behavior issues at school.)

Ultimately, all we an do is put it out there. So then the supervisor asks us- "So if given the option what kind of visitation, if any, would you want to have with the kids?"

Huh?

I guess since DCFS will be involved for a while they have away and will actually plan visits with us when the kids move home.

I was honest with her and told her I don't trust Bio Mom to follow through and wouldn't want us to loose each other twice, but of course we want to see them. She gave me an example of a situation of a foster family who didn't feel the kids would be safe returning home, had the kids for 2 years, no trust between the adults and the kids spent the night every Saturday. She also gave us examples where the foster parents were day care providers for the kids post reunification.

I'm not sure how all that feels. To be honest, even though its my deepest fear, I'm not sure I want to allow myself to hope that this is a possibility. To see the kids every few days or weeks? I guess the therapists are really working with her to see this is best for the kids.

Then the kids came home which of course was chaos. I'm glad she got to see them in full force and effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...