I hit publish and all Hell broke loose

I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted. I hit publish with my final sentence about no issues and BAM I hear Jelly Bean crying hysterically. Full on meltdown mode. So after a few minutes of trying to get her to deep breathe and tap herself back into reality (a technique the therapists have taught us to use with the kids when triggered so they can realize they are in a age environment and not flashing back-think Inception) nothing worked. I opened my arms and she came running into my arms and jumped up onto my hip.

She was sobbing that she wanted to go home. "I miss my real house."

The "real" house was at least 4 houses ago. Which I'm sure she does miss. And I think that's the issue. 4 houses she ha lived in and now Mom has moved again. What was can never be put back. And this constant change of living spaces is really hard for her especially since she's lived here for a year. She had never lived ANYWHERE for a year. EVER.

Apparently the contrast of an annual tradition was too much and she needed to let it out. Jelly Bean and LM had spent the majority of the day together as they were squabbling at bedtime last night and because I could not determine the truth, both got grounded for the day. Apparently LM telling JB she wasn't allowed to play with her toy was too much.

After we got calmed down though the girls did really well. LM apologized to JB for her mean tone an JB let out some feelings. Then they cut up a cardboard box and played Toy Story with MM while Gabby kept at a craft I started her on.

I still made a rookie mistake today thinking this day would be over without Trauma appearing but it left much quicker than it used to.

Now it's 8:30pm. Why do we think the odds are that I can get them to sleep before 9:15?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...