Here are the bullet points:

- Every child except my 4 year old had a meltdown after their visit this Saturday.
- One of them gave a repeat performance for the CASA worker when she came.
- I think the CASA worker may have thought I wasn't responsive enough because she said I'm going to go she needs you.
- In my head I responded if I react every time she throws a tantrum I'd never come out of that room.
- Mom tried buy affection with candy and gifts from the Mexican Mall again. There was one toy that is not appropriate and the kids were upset with me for saying so.
- Jelly Bean's therapist praised me for setting limits when I called to tell her that due to the meltdown and visit I didn't think she was going to have a productive session and I was not going to drive an hour each way for her to eat snacks in her office.
- Out of the blue my niece texted and asked if we'd like to go out she would babysit for us.
- We went and saw two movies.
- I paid my niece in makeup.
- It was still not enough time away. I blew up at my husband and left the house 15 minutes before our guests were supposed to come for his birthday.
- I drove to a park chilled for 15 minutes. Then drove home mainly for my kids.
- My solution was to pig out and drink Margaritas all afternoon. My emotional eating is getting out of hand. I had spinach dip and Hawaiian bread for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Mom. It sounds like you and your husband really need a break. That was sweet of your niece to offer to give you some time off. I can totally relate to the exhaustion and I soooo with I had a margarita in hand. I'll be following along on your blog. Wishing you the best right now.
    Sincerely
    Casey
    http://asinglefostermomsdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...