Stronger

I feel a little stronger today. I know the therapists are working on protecting the kids and so is the CASA. It seems the supervisor can't get ahold of Bio Mom which is an issue for her. At the very least everyone has agreed that they won't go past the original date we agreed on for the visit. And the kids' attorney is going to try and get court orders in place to ensure our request about the supervision of the last visit and not requiring sibling visitation be put in place. 

And to a degree it sounds like the department is too. 

As long as I'm not the only one fighting the battle, I feel a little bit better. Less weary about the next few weeks. If I've done all I can, worrying won't change anything. And in the end, we will overcome whatever gets thrown out way because we have no other choice.

Meanwhile, I've got a kid with strep, an impending acquisition of my company and my school term to finish. I feel like if I can just make it to September, I'll be fine.

We also need to be prepared to discuss adopting the baby if the state does decide on expedited termination. We've discussed in theory, mainly because neither of us believed it was possible. 

The question to answer, is will a baby send us over the edge? Because we are teetering pretty close. 

*****

I so appreciate all of the comments and affirmations. I feel very supported and you have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. We have a total of four kids-the youngest arrived only eleven months after his brother, who was medically high maintenance for the first 18 months or so. We were precariously perched on the edge, looking into the abyss-and we said yes anyway. We got him at three days old as a foster placement, adopted him at 14 months and I do not regret that decision AT ALL. I can't imagine my little monsters not having each other. Every situation is different, with SO many complicating factors. But for us, saying yes was the right choice (even if everyone thought/still thinks we're crazy).

    ReplyDelete

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...