Why was I teary eyed?

Yesterday we attended a birthday/going away party for the foster family that had Mr. Mohawk and Jelly Bean before us. The kids had a great time and enjoyed themselves. As we were saying our goodbyes I couldn't help but feel really sad and teary eyed.

I couldn't understand why the kids seemed happy and I was feeling sad. Was I sad for the kids because it is more people they've had to say goodbye to? Was it the fact that we were loosing the only other foster family we hang out with. Was I sad because this budding friendship we were forming was in essence ended? Was it because this was the only other person who knew what it was like to live with Jelly Bean and all of her special needs?

Probably the answer is all of the above. I know with face time, Skype, Facebook, and travel it possible for us to keep in touch and see each other again. Although they are moving cross country so it will not be an easy thing to see them in person. But I'm still sad this morning.

I am grateful to this family for fighting for my kids. For protecting them after a different foster family further abused them. If it weren't for their choices the kids in my home would not be mine. They will always be a part of my foster parenting journey. They will always hold part of Jelly Bean and Mr. Mohawk's life stories. There is no we without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...