Made it to Friday

This week was long. It was full of farewells and the summer is wrapping up. I'm emotionally overwhelmed. Saying goodbye for now to the girls' trauma therapist was hard for me.

She was a support to our family. She knows and shares their history. Not seeing her means our Thursday nights are free but it also means the end of guaranteed alone time with the girls. this makes me a little sad. I realize I can always schedule time with them but as they get older they get more and more homework. LOL

I also had to say goodbye to my boss today. While I have only worked with her for 15 months I've learned a lot from her and I respect her and I'm sad to see her go. She's another person who cared about my kids and also was a support to our family in that she gave me flexibility. I held back years all day. I refused to say goodbye. I'm stubborn like that. When I hugged her I told her to knock em dead. I hope our paths cross down the road.

I'm nervous about what lays ahead. I know my new boss and I think she'll make an excellent addition to the team but there will be change and that isn't always easy.

We also will be having some visit changes with the kids (next week she can have them in her home again) and with school starting I feel like I need to shut the hurricane shutters or something. I've already noticed that Little Mama has been getting extra moody on Friday nights and she didn't used to do that. Her anxiety surrounding visits has started to rise.

We had a nice night outside tonight at a concert and movie in the park. Our friends brought some wine and we talked and relaxed while the kids played and watched a movie. It was perfect weather and not the hot and sticky we've had around here lately. I actually got to snuggle in a fleece tonight. With the fresh air and nice buzz I'm heading to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...