Other Foster Parents

Today we spent the afternoon with Jelly Bean and Mr. Mohawk's former foster family. I feel so blessed that we have been able to continue that relationship. It's important that the kids learn that people in their lives don't have to disappear forever. It's been really cool to see the bond that MM has with his former foster sister is still strong. It's cool to see this gaggle of kids running around having a blast and thinking of each other as family. Even the older girls who never lived with them treat this family as if they did. Happy to see them, feel at ease in their home, hugs goodbye. Very cool. We had some rare time to talk without little ears. It was nice to talk to another family going through the same things we are. And understand me as they lived it with the same kids too. We also got to discuss some of the guilt they feel for giving notice on the kids. I get it I do but I thanked them for making the choice that they did. If they had not these four would likely not been together. It was also nice to hear that They were glad that the kids got to be with us. This family is very much apart of our journey. I will forever be grateful for the love they gave my kids before I came along. They took in a very scared little girl and got her started on a journey of healing. It's nice to be able to share the kids with them and I hope they will always be part of our lives. Interestingly enough the Foster Mom has the exact same birthday as me - year included. No wonder we get along! As we create this life of ours I'm so thankful we've been able to add all these people we would never have met to our family. Our lives have been enriched and I am so very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...