Denial

I sent intake forms for Simon and Smiley to their visit this week. The forms are their  family history to help asses their trauma. 

I don't for one minute believe what Mom wrote on the forms, except for maybe, their weight at birth.

Q: Was there any stress on Mom during her pregnancy?
A: No

No? Really? You had one child already removed from your care. The other two were in foster car. There was no stress?

Q:Was there any drug use? Alcohol use during the pregnancy?
A: No

Yeah, we won't count the arrest for DUI and possession of an illegal substance. That's inconsequential.

I might as well have not sent the form at all. She even got the number of homes wrong. Totally in denial. And no idea that this stuff affects her kids. I want to yell and scream- GROW UP and understand what your kids need!

My heart is sad. These beautiful kids deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...