3 years

It's been three years since we first met Willow. She was at my house today for her monthly visit with the kids. I'm not sure where the time went. I seemingly blinked and I'm knee deep in foster parenting, I've since changed jobs twice, and I've lived through some of the hardest moments of my adult life.

We talked a lot today about the attachment issues we are seeing with the kids. They are very much keeping us at arms length and so we have to work harder to overcome that. We also got some more background on the case and are a little closer to getting all the providers in place. She shared some info that makes me feel like they are really looking to hold Mom responsible for her actions this go-round. That made me feel a bit better. (Although, I still feel like this is going to be a long road.) 

If I could go back and tell myself one thing, it would be the same advice I've given my LM and Smiley: it's going to be ok. 

 Three years ago, I didn't even know these children. Now I'm caring for eight kids in some form or fashion. 

The night ended with a text from Maria that Gabby was in the ER. (Sounds like a virus or infection.) We have come pretty far in the last three years. I'm excited to see where we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...