Confession

People ask me all the time how I can work full time with four foster kids.

My usual answer is: a) we have a wonderful support in my Mom who loves being Grandma and we couldn't do it without her  or b) all I know is four kids.

But there are days like today where my answer would be: c) I don't.

This morning was one of those mornings where I wasn't my best. Wasn't a great Mom and a less than stellar employee. And because of that I'll probably be a nagging wife later.

Lets review, shall we?

1:30 AM- Finally fall asleep. 
6:00 AM- Alarm goes off
6:55 AM- Realize I hit the snooze more than once and now need to bring kids with me to oil change appointment instead of dropping off at day care beforehand.
7:30 AM- Leave house for oil change appointment at time appointment is supposed to start.
7:40 AM- Arrive at dealership. Traipse children into play room.
9:00 AM- Hassle service desk because the kids have officially missed breakfast at day care and now I need to feed them.
9:15 AM- Leave dealership.
9:17 AM- Stop at gas station. Buy donuts and chocolate milk for kids. Make them eat in the car.
9:25 AM- Arrive at day care.
9:30 AM- Stop for Diet Coke
9:55 AM- Arrive at my desk. An hour and twenty minutes late.

So why so important that I got my oil changed? Well beyond the fact that we are having a "Polar Vortex" here in Chicagoland, my car was hit last week and will be in the shop for a week at least and I won't have time to get my oil changed before I hea to my girls spa weekend. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, self care. I know but seems a little like my priorities are out of order when I'm shoving gas station donuts at my kids in the car.

It's only Tuesday. 

On the plus side though, Hubby handled pickup and dinner tonight and even managed to get some very calm therapeutic parenting of Sarah in. I was so proud of him! (He will now not be nagged.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...