Seeing Red

After 8 hours of studying I came home to melted red crayon all over my dryer.  Its just as well.  Everything else in this house is just a little broken so the dryer might as well join the list.

Just a little broken? Yep.  Like the mirror in the bathroom hung about 2 inches below the top of my head.  Light switches on the outside of a room. You know enough to drive you crazy but not noticeable enough when you bought the house.  We got so frustrated with the door to our bathroom we just took it off the frame.

I love this house and we are so happy here but I am over the fix it list that gets additions on a daily basis.  I always knew this was a great house and it just needed a little love.  I intended to write this post by drawing the parallel to foster care but you know what? I'm too tired.

So while I was sorting the melted crayon spotted clothes from the ones that escaped the meltdown (Oh 'cmon, it was funny), I was giggling at all of the stuff that gets thrown at you as a Mom.  Crayon in the dryer falls under the "typical" child rearing experience. Which feels like a win somehow... 

The crayon is almost off the inside of the barrel.  The clothes are finished soaking.  And I've got to read another 3 chapters of Administrative Healthcare Law issues.  Fun times at Foster Mom R's house. Fun times.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...