20 Thoughts I Had During the Homestudy

1) Sh*t she's early. Oh well...
2) A redacted birth certificate? It's their birth certificate. They should get to know what was on it.
3) Sexual abuse history!? WTF. 
4) Changed placement due to sexualized behavior? WTF.
5) No, this was their 4th placement. You are DCFS. Shouldn't you know this?
6) Need to move this information. The redacted birth certificate is making me angry. 
7) Why is the mental health n/a box checked? Um they have PTSD and RAD. I think that's applicable.
8) You are missing a sibling in the listing.
9) You want me to fill out a sibling contact agreement but you won't tell me their names? But you give us their birthday? WTF?
10) Did she seriously just ask Hubby his weight? 
11) "You can describe me as curvy".
12) Perfect, another maternity leave to hinder my kids' permananecy. 
13) Did she really just ask me to explain the difference between foster care and adoption?
14) Do people get that wrong?
15) How do I know I'm attaching to the kids? It's a feeling. Can I say "I'm attached because if you don't get this moving along soon, I'm going to go all Mama Bear on your ass?"
16)Yeah...probably should let Hubby answer that questions first and come up with a different answer.
17) "We will support their curiosity about the circumstances that led to their adoption by having an open, age appropriate dialogue their entire lives."
18) The family that isn't supportive of their adoption isn't family anymore, that's how we handle that.
19) Did Hubby just admit to being a champion of therapy? 
20) 3 hours worth of questions. I need a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...