20 Random Thoughts Prior to a Homestudy

1) I probably should clean the bathrooms. She might need to go if she will be here 1.5 hours x 4 kids. However long that is. I don't multiply decimals.
2) Everyone has told me that's a way overestimation. Maybe I don't really need to clean them.
3) Holy Hell, yes I do. 
4) Good God children, how do you get pee under the seat? How is this possible? I don't even know how to lecture you about stopping this because I have no idea how this can happen.
5) Next week I am giving bathroom cleaning lessons and you are all going to take turns on a weekly basis.
6) Gross. 
7) Still not as gross as lice.
8) Do I need to serve treats? Would baking something be too contrived?
9) Definatley. The kids would tell on me. "This is the first time Mom has made cookies in our new house! ever!" So would Hubby.
10) Why do I care? She's already been here. 
11) Because it's foster care and crazy sh*t happens and how many horror stories have you heard? It's not final until the order is entered. 
12) Need to hire the attorney.
13)Is she the one I tried to interview with and she hired the person before me without meeting me? 
14) Can't find the email. I guess it doesn't matter since I don't know what she looks like. 
15) Let it go R. Let it go.
16) Should I write down the issues? We need to make sure we capture anything pre-existing. Must remember Smiley's IEP and Sarah's 504 Plan. And Simon and Stella's glasses.
17) Just make sure the fresh fruit is visible on the counter.
18) WTF are these pencils doing on the floor.  Where do they come from. Why is it I find them by tripping over them but when I actually need them, nowhere to be found?
18) Why did we tell her 9:00AM?
19) Because you had just given your "how do we expedite this process" speech and you didn't want to look like you were stalling.
20) Screw it. We live here.
 

1 comment:

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...