Home by The Piano Guys

If you've been reading for a while you know I love music. Even my blog title is a nod to music. You also know that I turn to music to express feelings I can't always articulate.

The below song has touched me since I first heard it. It makes me think of my husband and my kids. We are struggling to find a new groove. Going from two to four to six back to two has definately been a hard road. Finding a balance and a new routine makes me feel like I'm being bounced in a life boat on the ocean. I'm hoping we reach solid ground soon. Its probably going to take some more hard work and to be honest I'm just worn out. "If you get lost, you can always be found" gives me hope.

So when I found this version by The Piano Guys and I saw the raw musical talent and the beautiful scenery I just cried and cried. It gave me a moment to see beauty when all around I see dark. It was a day when I need a moment to let go. To feel the pain. To appreciate others. So if you are in need of a similar moment; here it is.




Home by Phillip Phillips

Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. oo-oo-oo-oo [x2]
Aaa-aa-aa-oh-oh-oh-oh. aa-aa-oh-ohhhhh [x4]

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. oo-oo-oo-oo [x4]
Aaa-aa-aa-oh-oh-oh-oh. aa-aa-oh-ohhhhh [x4]
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this song, it has always reminded me of foster care, and I tear up every time I hear it.

    ReplyDelete

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...