So Other Than That Mrs. Lincoln, How Was The Rest Of The Play?

A friend of mine used this line on me today and it made me chuckle. Because what can you really say to a person who's just shared with you the news that their kids of 27 months are not forever and are leaving tomorrow?

It's a short list.

There was the "what an amazing act of:love, courage, selflessness."

A whole bunch of: "you've shown them:family, love, peace."

A bazillion "I can only imagine how tough/this feels/how heartbroken.

And a few - No I can't, imagines. I have no words.

Yeah? Me neither.

Because how do you explain loving someone else's child? Protecting them. Fighting for them. And then letting them go?

I know I have them a ton. They gave me a ton back. That doesn't change the fact that this hurts. That as quickly as I became a Mom to four kids- they will walk out my door tomorrow. And I will have no say. No responsibility and no right to know anything about them.

1 comment:

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...