My Little Mama is having a tough week. It's so hard to figure out if it's the stress or puberty. Lord help me when I have 3 teenage daughters sharing a room. (Please remind me how much I wanted them.)

Last night she asked me to tuck her in. I don't typically do this. I give kisses and hugs before they head to bed. When LM is in need of more or wants to talk shell make this request. I never refuse it because I'm so grateful we got to a point where she could ask for help.

She had family therapy and a visit earlier so I figured she wanted to process that.

Turns out she's having bad dreams. Mainly with the theme of becoming an orphan or her siblings dying. There is a definite "I can't save them" theme.

Poor thing cried. Her sister started crying. I cried too. So much pain. Jelly Bean stated it was her fault LM was crying because she told the teacher that called DCFS. We went over again, who is responsible. Who needs to make better choices. Who needs to keep them safe. Then we went over the options-orphanages not being one of them.

Then I looked into her eyes, down into her heart and told her she will ALWAYS be BOTH Mom's daughter, no matter what a piece of paper says.

Then she visibly relaxed and drifted to sleep in my arms. Another first I never thought id get with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...