Missed Visit

Simon had a rough weekend.  He was waiting for confirmation that he was going to have his visit Sunday with his (and Sarah's) Dad. He was sad and worried and basically chewed his fingers raw. At 6:30 pm Saturday, I finally got word that his Dad did not confirm, and therefore,there would be no visit this month. 

DCFS has been very clear. He misses 2 consecutive months and the visits will stop altogether. 

Simon came to me at bedtime and told me that he was ready to tell me why he looked sad earlier when I asked him what was wrong.  He said he was worried about his visit with his Dad, that it wouldn't take place.  I of course had to tell him that there would not be a visit.

His big brown eyes welled up with fat tears that rolled down his cherub-like cheeks. He tried so hard to hold it in. I scooped him up into my lap and rocked him for a long while. In the end, I was able to get him to giggle and give him extra hugs.

When I told Sarah she just kind of blinked at me and shrugged. 

Four years and eight kids and never have two of them reacted the same way to any one event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...