Phonecalls

This week Jelly Bean called just because she missed me. She was calm and regulated but said she really missed me and wanted to tell me about having to go to summer school.

She called me by my first name. Which I admit, stung a little coming from the kid who got the most of my energy. But maybe that means she is attaching some to her Mom and that will mean she will be better regulated.

We've also gotten more placement calls. Lots of kids from one town over and lots of placements of 4. The call last night was for a 4 month old, 1, 2, and 4 year old for what sounded like medical neglect. Sadly it was another "intact" family case where the department is already involved giving services but the kids are still living with the parents.

I have to admit I cried when I hung up. I wish there weren't so many kids who need foster parents. I wish I could shake their parents and scream- wake up! Do you have any idea how precious they are? Do you understand what some women put themselves through to become mothers? Seems so unfair at times.

We see the kids Monday. And while I'm excited it also makes me sad. I think I'm coming to terms with the shift in my life and how much it's changed. It's hard to re-set and figure out how life works without such a large focus and piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...