Visit Anxiety

It's fitting that I just finished picking Gabby up to spend the weekend with us. It was supposed to be Gabby and LM but LM ran her mouth and got grounded. (Go Maria!) My chatterbox who suffered extreme anxiety is tucked safely in bed above my new chatterbox with extreme anxiety. Maybe some of what I learned will work for him.

Last night Simon broke down. I let him know at bedtime that I noticed he really needed me yesterday. I told him he seemed worried. He began crying and told me he wasn't worried. He was scared that "when I move to my Mom's, I won't live with you anymore." He was shaking while telling us this. We explained that he will know if he is going to move to his Mom's. We will talk about it and it will not be for a long time. We reminded him that we still see the Fab Four so we would still see him too. We got him calmed down but there is more under the surface. The incident was progress. It was us being therapeutic and really noticing the meaning behind some of his behavior. It was him trusting us to listen. But it was heartbreaking.

Hubby pointed out that maybe it was pre-visit worries. He also pointed out that Smiley's inability to get ready for school today was also probably visit day related. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...