Baby Girl

A baby girl was born yesterday. She is healthy. Her mother is healthy. And she has not yet chosen an adoptive family. And even though I was told she had chosen to go with an agency I can't help but hold onto a little glimmer that maybe she'll change her mind about our situation and ask me to meet her. But my brain tells me its silly and it would just be opening up my heart to get broken even further.

I prayed last night for a long time. A long prayer that allowed for every situation. For some sort of sign or signal so that I could go whatever direction I'm supposed to so that I can stop being on edge. To be hopeful and excited at becoming a mother or let go of that hope and just move forward towards foster parenting.

I woke up to a text message from my husband's cousin. His grandmother passed away. The one he hadn't talked to in 11 years. And now he is on his way to Florida with his sisters and I will be responsible for my teenage niece for the weekend.

Is this is a sign? And if so what kind of sign is that? If possible I'm even more on edge.

So I'm praying. Praying for those families in wait. Those families in grief. Praying that I'm following teh Lord's plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...