Someone Check the Calendar.

When the letter for Solana's ACR came I noticed it fell during one of her visits.  So I waited a few weeks. No one called to reschedule.  So last week I called Caseworker #4 and asked if 1) anyone noticed 2) if the visit would be re-scheduled.

I'm going to jump up on my soap box for a minute here.  I think visits should get re-scheduled for case related events like ACR and court, but only if the Bio calls in advance to do so.  If you are going to be parenting children, you have to be able to look at a calendar and figure out where there might be conflicts.  Now we all forget some times, but I don't think it should be given that a visit, if missed for court or an ACR, should not count as missed simply because it is case related. I think it does the bios a disservice by allowing for any instances where they aren't required to be aware and plan ahead. Jumping off now...

He told me he would call the transport service and the parent with the visit. But no, no one but me had noticed the conflict.

Today rolled around.  Noon rolled around. Nothing.  So I called the transport company.

Nope they hadn't heard if the visit was cancelled.  They called the parent.  Parent said they were going to have it on a different day per Caseworker #4. Parent never called transport to cancel or verify.  Caseworker #4 never called transport. So of course said other day wasn't available. Transport called me to say yes visit was cancelled but that Caseworker #4 must be doing the visit since they relayed the new day.

OH.MY.WORD.

I said I sincerely doubted that Caseworker #4 was supervising and transporting for the visit.  But all I cared about was that I knew were my kiddo needed to be tomorrow.  Let me know when the make up visit was scheduled for.

What would they have done if I had not called? Why is it up to me? It shouldn't be. I don't want to hear how busy the workers at The Department are.  I work full time. I go to grad school.  I have 5 kids and I still managed to follow up.  Instead 4 calls (to me) later. 

So annoyed.


2 comments:

  1. Why are you in charge of noticing? Because you, my dear are the ONLY responsible one.

    ReplyDelete

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...