Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there. My prayer is that you get to enjoy some piece of today. Even a small piece, I hope you feel loved.

We will be keeping it low key since kids from hard places tend to struggle with this day. We also had Smiley's Birthday this week and this was also a move week last year for the kids so this week is a land mine of trauma. 

My sweet Simon especially struggled on his sister's birthday. He really felt forgotten. Sheila did not help as she celebrated the heck out of Smiley's Birthday and didn't do the same for Stella or Simon when they had their birthdays. 

I plan on getting up and running first thing in the AM. I'm still training for the 1/2 marathon in June and I've discovered I actually like exercise and running. It gives me a chance to de-stress and clear my head. I am much better prepared to handle work, kids, Hubby, and school when I get gym time in. I really wish I would have discovered this last year. I think I would have handled the grief better.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...