So Sad

The girls did get picked up this morning as promised. I don't think they found a placement for them because at 4:15 pm I got a call from someone asking me if I would be interested in taking an 8 & 6 year old. She didn't know I was the one who kept them over the weekend. When I explained they had left my house this morning she said, "Are you sure you don't want to keep them?" 

Yes, I am sure.

As sweet as they were the case was not likely going to end in adoption and that's what I am looking for. Also we are working on moving.

Truthfully, I wasn't sad to see them go this morning. I was sad for them; the path ahead of them is a tough one. But I wasn't sad as in worried and feeling connected. I couldn't picture them as "my kids". And that was good for me to experience. I could see us doing an emergency placement again or weekend respite. 

I tried to really focus in on giving them a safe place during such a confusing time. I explained that there were people who were going to ask questions, no one was in trouble, and you had to tell the truth so everyone can be safe and get help. I read  "Maybe Days". And I reassured them that they would get to see their Mom and that she missed them too. I'm not sure how much thy understood but at least it will be familiar the next time someone talks with them.

I said prayers for them and their Mom. I can't imagine how scary that would be. Well I can, but how I imagine is probably not nearly 1/2 as scary as it actually is. I hope that if the Mom isn't the abuser she stops covering up for whoever was living in the house that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Overdue Update

Well hello there! It has been years since I've written and published a post and recently I've had the idea that maybe this year was ...